Wednesday, December 14, 2011

10 Silly Holiday Questions: Winter Wonderettes

Lowe Taylor, Julie Dixon Jackson, Bets Malone and Misty Cotton in "Winter Wonderettes"

The Holidays are a time of family, friends and most importantly music…lots and lots of music. That is what the hit show “Winter Wonderettes” now playing at Musical Theatre West in Long Beach, CA is all about.

Here to represent is Lowe Taylor who plays “Cindy Lou" tis the season...


MS: Happy Holidays to you and the Wonderettes, finish this sentence: Walking in a winter…

LT: Wonderland!! We sing that song in Act 2. Its one of our favorites!!

MS: What is your favorite Holiday song to sing?

LT: That is hard to choose. We do more than 30 songs in “Winter Wonderettes” and they are all so much fun. I think personally I get to have a lovely character moment singing “All Those Christmas Cliches“. But “Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town” is also a blast because its super 60's and very dancey.

MS: Can you name all 8 of Santa’s Reindeer?

LT: Not even close! Although I bet Bets Malone could! She knows everything about Christmas. We do "Donde Esta Santa Claus" in the show where we refer to Dasher Dancer PEDRO and Blitzen. Haha. Let me try though... Dasher Dancer Prancer Vixen Comet Cupid R--? Blitzen. Who am I missing?? I can't remember that one!! Dang. And Rudolph of course :)

MS: Which of you if any likes kissing under the mistletoe?

LT: My character Cindy Lou would definitely be the one caught kissing under the mistletoe. And lets just say, art imitates life :)

MS: Do you believe in Santa Claus?

LT: I think there is a little part of me that loves to believe in the magic of Christmas. Its the time of year when anything is possible. That might seem pollyanna but it's nice to live in that space sometimes.

MS: Name your favorite Holiday TV special.

LT: Definitely the “Rudolph” one with the old school animation. Claymation I think?

MS: If you were a Christmas tree what kind would you be?

LT: Lets be honest, in my living room in West Hollywood is a 6 foot white and silver tree with teal ornaments. I mean, fabulous much?

MS: You are playing the home version of Family Feud and you are to name things associated with Frosty the Snowman, what do you think the number one answer would be?

LT: Corncob Pipe!

MS: Ever crush on any of Santa’s Elves?


LT: Not generally. I like a tall drink of water ;)

MS: What message would you gals like to send everyone for the Holidays?

LT: I think I can speak for all of the girls when I say we would want to wish everyone a safe, happy and healthy holiday season and New Year. Be kind to each other and to yourselves. Yay!! How fun! I wish the girls could have done this with me!


All the show info is on musical.org. And my website is www.lowetaylor.com or people can follow me on twitter at @lowetaylor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment