Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ariel Beez: "Snow White" Goes Solo

Ariel Beez formerly of “Snow White & The 7 Slutz” is now flying solo - ya know, the usual band disbanded for various reasons sort of thing.

This weekend she has a gig at “Hillbillyhip” in Topanga, CA, Saturday February 25th 2012, let’s check in with the now Slutz- less “Snow White”.

MS: So what happened to the Slutz?

AB: Well, our bassist moved to Orange County, and I kind of wanted to pursue solo stuff.

MS: Cool, so are you still going to be doing punk at your upcoming gig?

AB: Yeah, the upcoming show is like a punk/folk show - my part, I’m not really sure how to describe it, I play ukulele, I am opening for a big band on the punk scene called “Ramshackle Glory” It’s a good opportunity to be opening for them. Part of the show is electric and part of it is acoustic.

MS: I love acoustic! Do you remember me from your childhood at all? It has been a while.

AB: Were you in Uncle Phil’s (Esposito) acting class?

MS: Yes, I was that is how I met your Mom (Nina Savelle- Rocklin).

AB: Vaguely, I was really little.

MS: I’ve actually met your Dad too (Matt Earl Beesley, Producer on
“Revenge“) and “Revenge” is one of my favorite shows.

AB: Oh, that’s awesome!

MS: Speaking of Phil, you, like myself, love tattoos and your first one was honoring him, tell us about it.

AB: Phil was very important in my life, he was like a Father Figure, he and his partner Joseph. The tattoo I got to honor him is on my forearm, it’s an infinity sign, but I had it done like a vine, and it has his birth date written in the infinity.

MS: Very nice.

AB: Also I have another quote tattooed on my back, it’s from “One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest” the quote is “It’s the truth, even if it didn’t happen”. It has to do with my past and the fact that I’m a writer. So to have such an amazing piece of literature on my body by such an amazing author like Ken Kesey is really important to me.

MS: Obviously you write all your own songs.

AB: Yes, I do.

MS: That is awesome! So other than acoustic what can people expect from your show this Saturday?

AB: All around the show is going to be an amazing time, because it is so many different groups of artists. One of the bands is my boyfriend performing with a friend of mine and an accordion. My music? I wouldn’t really know how to categorize it, I wouldn’t call it punk, it’s more quirky and a little bit whimsical. Folk/Punk is something I really like, it’s fun to take punk subjects like: Drugs, Sex & Rock-N-Roll and then put them across in a folky way.

MS: Sounds Great! I am making a point of being there Saturday.

AB: Thank you so much for this opportunity, hope to see you there!

Get hip this Saturday: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100002517776293

No comments:

Post a Comment