Thursday, April 12, 2012

My Trashy Evening: For The Love Of "Garbage"


Photo: Buffy Thon
“I can't use what I can't abuse
And I can't stop when it comes to you” - “Vow” Garbage

It’s Tuesday, April 10, 2012. The Mission: Getting to one of two sold out shows for the triumphant return of Garbage at the El Rey in Los Angeles.

Shirley Manson, Shirley Manson, Shirley Manson…

My friend Buffy is in town from Florida scored the tickets and she is ready to rock and see LA.

First stop on our trashy evening is one of my favorite restaurants Palermo, a tasty Italian place in Los Feliz.

We are hungry and ready, our journey from the Beverly Garland in North Hollywood to our dining destination is flawless, we even got a parking spot right off.

Something isn’t right, Palermo is in lock down….Hmmmmmmmm…armed with her I Phone Buffy pulls up the data on Palermo. It’s closed on Tuesdays, WTF?! How random, who would have thought, most establishments are closed on Monday, if at all.

“C'mon push it, you can do it
C'mon prove it, nothing to it”… “Push It” Garbage

Armed with a craving for pasta we target a new destination: Osteria La Buca ….we will have our Italian pasta and eat it too! We get to OLB and are served some of the best effen pasta ever, a dish called Poppy Seed Tagliatelle w/oysters, mushroom, basil-butter, ricotta salata…can you say Yummy?!

While dining Buffy realizes the most important part of our evening’s mission, she forgot the tickets to get us into the El Rey to see Garbage back at her Hotel room…Ugh!

Shirley Manson, Shirley Manson, Shirley Manson…

Back to North Hollywood to The Beverly Garland, our objective? To get the tickets from the bowels of Buffy’s hotel room and still make in time to see Garbage.

“I think I'm paranoid And complicated
I think I'm paranoid Manipulate it” …”I Think I’m Paranoid” Garbage

Mission completed, directive? Over the hill to The El Rey to claim our reward.

We arrive find free parking (no one wants to pay $20 effen dollars for that sh!t)!

Saunter upstairs to the V.I.P. bar and grab an energy drink, Jack Daniels and Diet Coke please. We have arrived a mere ½ hour before Garbage takes the stage.

And take it they did! The show was amazing, Shirley Manson was magnetic the whole time and is one of the best female vocalists (according to me) ever!

Hey Garbage, you rule!

“I would die for you I would die for you
I've been dying just to feel you by my side, to know that you're mine” “I Would Die For You” - Garbage

www.garbage.com

No comments:

Post a Comment