Monday, July 30, 2012

Hey, Killian Wells "It's Like That"


It’s no surprise that musician, songwriter and melodic dude Killian Wells, hails from New York City. Only the eclectic energy of a town like NYC could produce a pop star whose music appeals to dance freaks, new wavers and rockers alike. 

Although he struggled with anxiety and panic disorder since he was a boy, Killian learned to masterfully harness that nervous energy into his music.


Marked as “someone to watch” by bloggers, critics and fans alike, the buzz about Killian is growing. With his latest single and video co-starring GloZell & featuring Nixon...Yep Killian “It's Like That”!
MS: So, let's talk about your music, I was watching the video for “It's Like That” just before you called, would you be the bored employee at the diner you portrayed? (laughs)
KW: Probably not (laughs) I am kind of an overachiever. I'd probably be running the diner within a month.
MS: Well sometimes creative people tend to check out.
KW: Yeah, I definitely go into my own little world sometimes, and taking Klonopin for anxiety disorder doesn't help. (laughs) That helps me check out. Society in general these days suffers from some form of anxiety, there is always something to be anxious about, some people just don't tolerate it well. I have anxiety disorder since I was sixteen.
MS: Tell me about your fascination with music, when did it start?
KW: I've always been involved in the arts, I, funny enough I wanted to be a movie director when I was a kid. That is one of my fascinations with my music videos.
MS: The video for “It's Like That” is great by the way.
KW: I always have a hand in everything I do with my my music videos. Which is really rare for a pop artist, most people have handlers who are doing all the stuff for them. I've always wanted to be in entertainment to some degree, I initially wanted to be a director, then I wanted to get into acting, when I was twelve I met with New York agents who said the problem was that I looked my age, they wanted older who could play younger, well I said “Fuck This”. I was so upset that I couldn't do something that I wanted to do because of the way that I looked. Pop music was something that I have always been into, I thought if all these other kids can do this, then why can't I? I've always been very entrepreneurial driven, so I saw not just as a talent, but as a business. So I started studying the music business and seeing how I could do that, I did my first demo at the age of fifteen...then I um, um...I lost my train of thought, Klonopin! (laughs)
MS: (laughs) Oooops!
KW: Oh Yeah, now I remember I had a background in music, I used to sing in a chorus at an old folks home. (laughs) And at five years old I used to sing “Spoonful of Sugar” from “Mary Poppins” not gay at all. (laughs)
MS: One of my favorite quotes from the video of “It's Like That” that I have to ask you is: If Lady Gaga said sesame seed buns were all the rage this season, would you wear them?
KW: Uh no. I actually wrote the line “Lady Gaga says sesame seed buns are all the rage this season”.
MS: It's very funny.
KW: Thanks. It's funny because GloZell gets all the credit for it, everyone thinks it's her line because she says it. Little does everyone know, I wrote the treatment for the video. (laughs)
Lady Gaga says check out Killian Wells at: www.killianwells.com

No comments:

Post a Comment