Friday, January 18, 2013

Pop Princess Shara Strand "Gets Random"



Pop Princess Shara Strand claimed her territory with the release of her EP "Born Tonight" the title coming from a verse of the Rosanne Cash song "Seven Year Ache" which Shara does a wonderful cover of on the disc.

Also on the EP is Shara's hit single "Jekyll or Hyde" the song is so popular that coming Tuesday, January 22nd a disc of re-mixes is dropping, yes including dance ones.

Shara dropped by "Entertain Me" to respond to 10 Random Things I tossed out to her, let's see what she said in return...


1. Born Tonight:  My debut EP everyone that has something for everyone! OUT NOW! 



2. Make-over:  Shara Makeup Studio at The Pierre Hotel in the Dominique Salon will have you looking and feeling INCREDIBLE! 


3. Showtime at the Apollo:  Still nervous thinking about doing that show. The producer literally had to push me on stage! But, the scary clown man never came out and I rocked it!


4. Get Here:  Oldie but goodie. I performed this on Showtime at The Apollo.



5. Re-mixes:  Jekyll or Hyde remixes out Jan 22nd. D1 Music, Mike Rizzo, Paul Goodyear, and Wayne Numan ALL did their thaaang!!


6. Treble Clef:  I've always hated music theory  BLECH!


7. Broadway:  My real schooling for everything thats evolving in music.


8. Whiskers on Kittens:  I played Liesl, and I never had so much fun doing a show!


9. Pop Princess:  Honored, humbled, and excited every time I hear "pop princess" in the same sentence as my name!!


10. Jekyll or Hyde:  Wahoo! Touring starts NEXT WEEK!


Keep up with Shara and check out her tour dates at: http://www.sharastrand.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment