Monday, July 7, 2014

True Blood: R.I.P. Alcide

Joe Manganiello as Alcide
Yes, True Blood fans our favorite Werewolf hunk, Alcide met his demise in last night's episode of the series final season.

Were any of you shocked? I for one wasn't, after Tara met the true death in the season premiere and knowing this is the last season my instinct immediately kicked in and said to me: They are going to be killing off a lot of characters this year.

Mark my words this is not the end of other loved characters dying...

Let's face it even though Alcide was a real stand up Werewolf sort of guy and great eye candy, he really was not necessary to the story line.

Joe Manganiello who played the too cool for school Alcide had this to say about his character's death:

I called it pretty early on. As soon as Sookie and Alcide got together, I remember turning to a friend and saying, “I’m dead.” You can’t go anywhere from that; she needs to settle up with Bill and Eric. You can’t have her break Alcide’s heart, because then the audience is going to be angry with her for breaking the nice guy’s heart. I told my friend, “I bet you everything I own that I’m dead.” The other side of it is, if you look at all the other characters, Alcide no longer has anything to do with the story. If you talk about characters that you could kill and make an impact with, I was probably No. 1 on that list. Why would you keep me around? All Alcide ever did was get in the way. I had dinner with [showrunner] Brian Buckner and he cited all the same reasons I just told you.

Bye Alcide you will be missed.

#TrueBloodhttp://www.hbo.com/true-blood#/

No comments:

Post a Comment