Tuesday, October 18, 2016

The Horror: Happy Birthday To Me


In the 1980's there was an onslaught of slasher films thanks to the success of my favorite horror movie of all time, John Carpenter's Halloween. Most of them were pedestrian, but there were a few that were a cut above the rest. Ha ha ha ha get it? I'm sure you did, at least once, perhaps twice.

Well Happy Birthday To Me falls into the "cut above the rest cate"gory" - puns are fun BTW

The combination of Melissa Sue Anderson laying to rest her role as Mary Ingalls on Little House on the Prairie, J. Lee Thompson of Cape Fear (the original) fame directing and the promise of six of the most bizarre murders you will ever see, really nailed it, literally. 

Happy Birthday To Me is one of my favorites of all time and makes today's bullshit PG-13 horror movie trend look, well, like crap. Enjoy this montage of images from it, courtesy of moi. 

 Only 13 days until Halloween
It's My Party & I'll Kill If I Want To
These Weights Are Heavy
Killer Still, Literally

Death To Mary Ingalls
Melissa Sue Anderson


Happy Birthday To Me on IMDB:

No comments:

Post a Comment