Friday, September 14, 2018

Freaky Friday

Stu Anyone?
Joan Collins
Wednesday was the debut of Season 8 of American Horror Story: Apocalypse - and like most shows the premiere episode was meh. Premiere episodes are always establishing ones thus they are always somewhat lackluster, that's just the way it goes. I am giving the season a few more views to see if I will continue watching. 

This being stated who would have ever thunk an icon from my youth would be eating a stew with Stu as the main ingredient?! 

"Yes" this Freaky Friday is dedicated to the great Joan Collins who portrayed Alexis Colby-Carrington on the nighttime soap Dynasty when I was a tadpole. Never in my wildest imagination would I have thought at 85 years young she would turn up on the hit horror anthology as Evie Gallant who knowingly cannibalizes the first casualty of the fallout shelter post apocalypse, a gentleman named Stu, who is now, well stew.

Joan plays her role with sly humor and aplomb. That was to me the weirdest thing about the premiere episode, it played more like a demented dark comedy than anything that would actually get under my skin and disturb me.

Hats off to you Joan Collins, you've still got it, you cannibal freak!

Joan on IMDB:
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001058/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment