Saturday, April 20, 2019

With This Rose...

A Rose By Any Other Name...
Marilyn Monroe
She could act, sing and dance, but did you know she could paint? One of the things I love about surfing the WWW is you start one place and inevitably end up at another. Thus you stumble upon many unexpected and interesting things along the way.

Case in point, while I can't recall what I started this journey researching, but here is a gem of a fact and piece of art I found by none other than Marilyn Monroe. How many of you knew she could paint? I for one was not aware of this talent, it does not however surprise me.

Guess who this watercolor of a rose was painted for? C'mon guess, oh OK I'll spill the tea. It was rendered for none other than President John Fitzgerald Kennedy! Woa!

So I leave you a little more enriched today, with this rose...

Marilyn on Wikipedia -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marilyn_Monroe 

No comments:

Post a Comment