Monday, March 13, 2023

Jamie Lee Curtis For The Win

Yes!!!
Jamie Lee Curtis

I predicted Jamie Lee Curtis would win Best Supporting Actress for Everything Everywhere All At Once at the Oscars and I was correct indeed! (it's clear by Angela Bassett's reaction she thought otherwise.)

"Yes" I am a big fan of Jamie's and not too coincidentally a HUGE fan of the Halloween movies starring her. She's been long overdue for this kind of recognition and by damn she finally got it.

Of course she gave a heartfelt and amazing speech, that's always the icing on the cake of these shows, the speeches (for the most part.)

While I am a fan of her work outside of the Halloween series as well, one of the best parts of her speech was when she thanked the fans of the franchise. Rightfully so, it's because of the success of the 2018 Halloween reboot that she had a career resurgence that opened doors for new opportunities including the role that lead to her winning an Oscar.

Not only did I predict she'd win, I was rooting for her!!!

Jamie Lee on IG -

https://www.instagram.com/jamieleecurtis/?hl=en  

No comments:

Post a Comment