Sunday, July 6, 2014

Fact: Helen Mirren Is Hot!!!


Helen Mirren Promoting Her Saturday Night Live Appearance, Hot!
When I was a freshman in High School, my dear deceased Dad took me to see Excalibur, one of the best tellings of King Arthur to ever hit the silver screen aside from crushing on Nicholas Clay as Lancelot, I was quite taken with the actress playing Morgana, Helen Mirren - she was riveting, not to mention sexy as all get out!

I really did not become aware of her again until Peter Greenaway's  The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover, which I paid to see one Easter weekend I believe. Brilliant hard to watch film in which the amazing Helen bared her body and her soul.

This is about the time I became riveted by this amazing actress. She was fearless and always off the hook sexy no matter what age she was.

She also appeared in a certain cult movie called Caligula and if that isn't balls out I don't know what is?

Although she had deserved one for years before she won her first Oscar at sixty playing Queen Elizabeth II in what else, the Academy friendly The Queen. (you have to be toned down as an artist for this award people, let's face that.)

However the awesome Helen bounced back into the hot, sexy, rule breaking risk taker she always was by becoming one of the few female action stars who has had a hit movie Red, in her sixties no less, you go Dame Helen!

Recently she told the magazine Redbook, as she still busts down the walls at sixty-nine:

"I don't really know what a beauty routine is" 

"One thing I consistently use is Latisse [the prescription lash-growth serum]. It really works, and if your eyelashes look great, you can let a lot of other things be crap,"

"Kate Somerville face wash. You don't have to spend a lot of money to get quality stuff nowadays. A brand like L'Oréal has amazing technology."

She also addressed the rumor that she cuts her own hair:

"Not always, but yes, I can't handle going to the hairdresser every six weeks, so I only go about once a year. In between, I get out the scissors and do something, usually rather disastrously. Sometimes I'll even chop my hair the morning of a big red-carpet event."

There's Nothing Like A Dame, Dame Helen That Is:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000545/?ref_=fn_nm_nm_1

1 comment:

  1. Have you seen Ken Russell's Savage Messiah?

    ReplyDelete