Monday, October 19, 2015

E.G. Daily: Back On Track

EG Daily
No Caption Needed
E.G. Daily is an 80's icon known for movies like Pee Wee's Big Adventure and Valley Girl, as well as her hit singles Say It, Say It and Mind Over Matter.

She is also known for her prolific voice over work as Tommy Pickles on Rugrats, Buttercup in the Powerpuff Girls and Babe in Babe Pig In The City.

Last year E.G. came back to music in a big way by appearing on NBC's The Voice as a member of team Blake Shelton and is continuing that momentum and performing a unique one of a kind show by returning to the place that made her a star on the music scene, the Sunset Strip. Tell us all about it E.G...

MS: E.G. I hear your heading back to the Sunset Strip and performing at The Whiskey A
Go Go this November 22nd.

EG: I'm so excited I'm going to do my classic hits, "Say It, Say It" and "Mind Over Matter" from the 80's and then we're going to do some secret fun tribute things. We're also going to do some tracks from albums over the years and some brand new songs that are soooooo good! It's going to be a blast!

MS: Fun times at a cool venue and the return of E.G. Daily to the Sunset Strip where she started it all...

EG: I've been playing the Sunset Strip since I was fifteen. So it's so cool going back decades later and playing the Whiskey.
MS: When I first moved to Los Angeles you played The Coconut Teaser (now defunct) all the time.

EG: Yeah! I haven't been to the Whiskey in a while but I used to go there all the time, and I can't wait to return!

MS: You really put yourself out there again singing last year on "The Voice" as part of Blake Shelton's team, but kept a really low profile in that area of your career prior to that, what was going on with you?

EG: I went through about a year of depression, overall is was about two years. I had anxiety, I'd wake up at three in the morning panicking and have these adrenaline shakes, all this stuff. Then I started thinking: "What's going on here? What's not working in my life?" That's what you've got to do, you have to go in, you have to reevaluate your life. Then I totally remembered that I love to sing and started doing it every day. Getting back into singing started to change my life. During my two year depression I thought my life was over.

MS: Absolutely, that's how I felt during mine.

EG: When a caterpillar dies, and you think it's dead, but it's actually cooped up. It's reborn as a butterfly. That's what depression is, but when you are going through it, it's scary.

MS: I was ambushed and someone pushed me into therapy.

EG: Good! I went to a doctor and I'm like: "What is wrong with me? I'm dying," He's like: "No you're not your depressed" (both laugh)

MS: So how was it being on "The Voice?"

EG:  I came around again, and it made me brand new!

MS: That's such a great thing about that show, the exposure is amazing!

EG: Yeah, I would have liked to stay on longer, but it was a great experience! I would love to go back on there again.

MS: You've got a new movie coming out, Rob Zombie's "31."

EG
31
EG: It's bad ass! I play a great character in it! The critics are saying it's his best movie ever.

MS: My favorite Rob Zombie movie was the other one you were in, "The Devil's Rejects."

EG: Yeah, well this one they have literally said "31" is his best ever. I have a really cool part in it. I'm looking forward to getting into more acting, with really great, interesting roles again.

MS: So, November 22nd is a Sunday night, correct?

EG: Yes, Sunday night, people should get there around nine, me and my band go on at nine-thirty and we are going to do an hour set. It's going to be a great one of a kind evening, hope to see all of you there!

Get your tickets early for E.G. at: http://m.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=6106655

Keep up with E.G. on the web at:
https://www.facebook.com/eg.daily
https://twitter.com/realegdaily
http://egdaily.com/  

No comments:

Post a Comment