Tuesday, November 15, 2011

James Durbin's "Rock-N-Roll Fantasy"

James Durbin & Nikki Sixx

American Idol finalist, James Durbin, is gearing up for the release of his album “Memories Of A Beautiful Disaster” on November 21st, and is giving fans a taste of what’s to come as he reveals his first two singles from the highly anticipated debut. The anthemic lead single “Stand Up” will go to rock radio and the power-charged “Love Me Bad” will hit the Top 40.

James is living out his dreams, I caught up with him to speak of his fantasies, his rock-n-roll fantasies…

MS: Hey James, it’s amazing you are living your dreams right now, but every performer is always setting the bar higher for themselves, so let’s talk about some of your Rock-N-Roll fantasies.

JD: Sounds good!

MS: What band in your wildest dreams would you front if you could?

JD: This is going to sound cheesy, but I have always wanted to create my own destiny. I never wanted to try and rehash someone else’s old dream. So I am going to say, my band.

MS: Awesome! So who would you most like to write a song for you?

JD: Jared Leto. “30 Seconds to Mars” is my favorite American band in the last 10 years.

MS: Name the person you would most like to duet with.

JD: Again, Jared Leto, or Steven Tyler.

MS: Pick the venue you would most like to headline.


JD: The Rock Am Ring Festival in Europe. I watch videos of bands performing on those stages over and over, and the view from those stages is just great!

MS: Which magazine cover would you most like to appear on?

JD: Obviously, “Rolling Stone.” (laughs) It’s the cream of the crop.

MS: Tell us which song you would like to cover as a single.

JD: “Rainbow in the Dark” by Dio. It’s a song I used to sing in karaoke all the time, I would have everyone on their feet like it was a freakin’ rock show!

MS: What would you like your musical legacy to be?

JD: All I have ever wanted was to be a working musician. To be able to support myself and support my family. Because of the awesome opportunity on “American Idol” I have gotten a lot more than that. I’m taking it one step at a time.
 
 
Follow James on Twitter and Facebook here:

1 comment:

  1. hey, these are also all my favourite bands and venues, except i would include nikki as well... good luck to durbin... he rocks, i know he's gonna do whatever he wants in the music world... he is so powerful as a musician and a human being...

    ReplyDelete