Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Just Because...Charlie's Angels

Angels We Have Heard On High
l-r
Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott & Ella Balinska
Good Morning Angels! Here is an image of the newest trio of Charlie's Angels at the premiere in Los Angeles. "Yes" it's the reboot no one was asking for, starring Kristen Stewart and two women I have never heard of.

Most notable thing about it is it is written and directed by Elizabeth Banks... Oh that Effie

So I wonder, yes I wonder, what this is going to be like. From the trailers it seems like a more grounded take on the Drew Barrymore produced version of the TV series with the same amount of levity thrown in, and more grrrrrrrl power!

I have bared witness to Tweets that have raved about it, yet there is no score or advance reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. Tweets are an easy get, if you know what I mean. Reviews not so much.

Thus I find the sign of no early reviews a daunting quandary. Translation, this reboot more than likely is not good. However I am rooting for Banks, who I personally like to keep on moving as a filmmaker.

That's all! Check out the trailer for the latest CA incarnation below!


No comments:

Post a Comment