Tuesday, June 27, 2017

The End(Game) Is Near

1
The Secrets End Tonight!
l-r Ashley Benson, Shay Mitchell, Sasha Pieterse, Lucy Hale & Troian Bellisario

Tonight is the two hour series finale of one of my favorite shows ever, Pretty Little Liars, if you haven't seen it, don't judge me, and if you have and are a fan like myself, well you get it!

I remember when PLL first came on the air it received enormous buzz thanks to the savvy use of Social Media. The buzz was strong, it was a noise that I ignored at first. How could a gay man in his 40's possibly get into a show aimed a tween girls on ABC Family (now Freeform.)

Cut to one day when I had nothing really pressing to do, I decided to check out my On Demand and saw it listed, I thought: OK let's give it a shot. I was hooked and immediately binge watched the whole season.

The thing that strikes me odd is the people who watch the show and complain about who  "A" is being drawn out too long. To me that was never really the point of the show, sure it made it fun and who doesn't love a good freaky suspense/mystery/horror show. The real driving force behind the show has always been the characters and story. Besides think about it everyone on the show really pretty much was "A" even though there was the big "A" reveal - all of them have done some shady things that gave them all some "A" ness.

So tonight after seven entertaining and fun seasons it all comes to an end with the reveal of Uber "A." While I do think it is time for the show to bid farewell and I can't wait for the biggest reveal, I will miss seeing the "Liars" every week. 

Hey there's always reruns! 

PLL on IMDB:
www.imdb.com/title/tt157887

No comments:

Post a Comment