Sunday, January 8, 2023

The Spirit of 76

Today I choose to remember David Bowie on what would have been his 76th Birthday. Yeah, I know I rarely if ever do this, but there are very few people who have had this much influence over my life.

He was my very first concert that I went and saw without my parents. I have also been lucky enough to have met him. He came into the legendary Tower Records on the Sunset Strip when I worked there back in the day. He was everything you'd imagine he'd be, truly an amazing, humble being.

As I look back on my life, I know part of who I am today is because of Mr. Bowie. 

"There's a Starman waiting in the sky, He'd like to come and meet us, But he thinks he'd blow our minds" 

Keep on shining Starman, consider my mind blown.

David Bowie on Wikipedia -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Bowie  

No comments:

Post a Comment