Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Hump Day & Chill

Ladies & Gentlemen - Medusa!

While surfing the WWW I spied the above photo of Medusa from Ray Harryhausen's 1981 stop motion spectacle Clash of the Titans!

This took me back to my teenage years and the memory I have of seeing it on the big screen. Thus we are going to Hump Day & Chill to fond memories from our youth. Yeah. I thought you might quite like that.

Personally I love coming across something that triggers these types of memories from my days of yore. Let's face it while there are many great memories one has as an adult the best ones usually are from when we were young and didn't have adult responsibilities.

I never did catch the redo of this gem, I was reluctant to. I didn't want it to tarnish my memory of how much fun the original was when I saw it at the movies.

Besides, while the stop motion effects were dated by this point in film making history, their simpliicity and old fashioned charm added to the film and the story IMO.

Anyway I'm off with Medusa to Hump Day & Chill, what's your fond memory today?

Clash of the Titans on Wikipedia -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clash_of_the_Titans_(1981_film)  

No comments:

Post a Comment