Saturday, December 30, 2023

Expectation

Heading in to 2024 this quote is something I've learned in my later adult life to be 100% truth! It's also one of the reasons upon rewatching Sex and the City I learned to despise the character of Carrie Bradshaw (note I said one of the reasons, there are many other ones to despise about that character as well.) I noticed how she always expected people and situations to be the way she thought they should be it was an exhausting, not to mention annoying revelation to behold.

The less expectation you put on situations and people the less, as Bill would put it "Heartache" you will have.

So heading into 2024 I have no expectations of it. No New Years Resolutions. I'm simply waltzing into the New Year with my eyes wide open and expectation free.

The way things are anymore it's the only way to roll...

William Shakespeare on Biography -

https://www.biography.com/authors-writers/william-shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment