Tuesday, July 14, 2020

R.I.P. - Naya Rivera


While I was never a Glee fan (I think I watched it 5 times during it's entire run) that does not mean the unexpected passing of one of it's cast members can not sadden me. Especially when that person was a mere 33 years old.

So sorry to hear of the passing of Naya Rivera she was beautiful and talented. I sincerely hope her family and her son are holding up. I wish them all the best.

As many of you know Naya was BFF's with her co-star Heather Morris. Naya's character Santana Lopez was groundbreaking in the fact that she came out as a Lesbian who romanced Heather's character Brittany S. Pierce on Glee.

While any gay storyline is a bold move this one had the added facet of Naya being Latina. Making her TV's first and most visible Latina Lesbian. Naya was as bold as her talent.

I am going to leave you with Naya as Santana professing her feelings for Heather as Brittany singing a cover of the Fleetwood Mac song Songbird from the album Rumors. In honor of their friendship and Naya's spirit.



Naya on IMDb -

No comments:

Post a Comment