| Oliver Reed & Vanessa Redgrave "The Devils" |
Urbain Grandier: "Call me vain and proud, the greatest sinner ever to walk God's earth, but Satan's boy I could never be. I haven't the humility." - The Devils, Ken Russell 1971
One of my favorite films is Ken Russell's The Devils. It came out in 1971 with a fanfare of controversy. It was cut significantly and still received and "X" rating. Thus I saw what everyone else saw a more tame version of the same film. Trust me it was still a quite intense and graphic affair.
Well I am eagerly looking forward to the restored cut opening October 16th in 35 mm rated NC-17.
Here's the synopsis:
"In 17th-century France, Father Urbain Grandier's protection of the city of Loudun from the corrupt Cardinal Richelieu is undermined by a sexually repressed nun's accusation of witchcraft"
Sex, Violence and Religion what more could you want in a controversial NC-17 film? I ask you? I'm waiting...
The Devils on IMDb -
No comments:
Post a Comment