Sunday, October 27, 2019

Repulsion

Born To Hand Jive
Catherine Deneuve
Repulsion 
While on Facebook yesterday an app came through to plug in your birth year to find out what was the big horror movie at that time. So for the thrill and chill of it, I did just that. Well guess what came up from the great beyond? Roman Polanski's Repulsion starring Catherine Deneuve, oh alright, the year was 1965.

Here is the synopsis:

"A sex-repulsed woman who disapproves of her sister's boyfriend sinks into depression and has horrific visions of rape and violence."

While I did not see it the year it was out, duh, I did happen to view it in my twenties, not knowing it was the big fright fest of the year of my birth. I knew that being born a snake was cool, now it has been solidified.

It is time for another viewing of this classic, with me being older and wiser. While I liked it when I first saw it, I believe this is a film, like so many, that gets better with life experience.

Besides who can resist the eternal beauty of Deneuve and the Directing mastery of Polanski?

Yeah, I thought not...only four more days until Halloween!

Repulsion on IMDb -
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059646/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

No comments:

Post a Comment