Saturday, June 26, 2021

Saturday Sinema: Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

In honor of Pride Month I wanted to share one of my favorite Classic Movies with you. Cat on a Hot Tin Roof starring Paul Newman and Elizabeth Taylor.

The movie is based on the brilliant play by Tennessee Williams who happens to be gay and filled his prolific works with gay subtext. While a watered down version of William's actual text, the film version of Cat still contains this subtext, it's simply not as direct as the play.

Another reason? Paul Newman, a classic Movie Star in every sense of the word. Basically a male specimen to behold and those baby blues of his...

Have I whetted your appetite? I'm sure I have. So let's saunter over to my friend Jay Jacobson's Classic Movie Blog where you will get all the 411 and behind the scenes dirt on this piece of Hollywood History.

Love is Love!

https://www.jaysclassicmovieblog.com/post/47-cat-on-a-hot-tin-roof-1958

No comments:

Post a Comment