Sunday, October 24, 2021

In One Week...

Halloween
1978/2018

With it being merely one week until Halloween (damn this month went fast!) I thought it fitting to pay mask service (see what I did there?) to my favorite movie of all time the original 1978 Halloween. 

I remember seeing it in a theater and the audience screaming, gasping and yelling "get out of the house" or "run" at Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie Strode. It was thrilling, and you know what? Halloween still holds up to this day. I watch it religiously every year.

What's that you say? Are you asking me to address the sequels and the current reboot? OK, here you go...

TBH I've only ever seen the sequels with Jamie Lee Curtis in them, and Halloween III, the Michael Myers less entry. Oh, and I turned Resurrection off after Laurie strode, was, well offed in the beginning (it's the only one I've seen on TV) I saw the others in a theater first including H20.

So let's get to the main question, how am I liking he current reboot? I enjoyed 2018 and the mask service it paid to the original and while the current sequel Halloween Kills is divisive among the fans, I took it for what it was, a homage to the original Halloween II sequel with Jamie Lee Curtis. Which has Laurie Strode sidelined in the hospital and was a straight up slasher film.

PS I don't think H20 holds up, contrary to popular opinion amongst the Minions. I saw it again this month so I do have a basis for this opinion. 

But nothing will top the original 1978 film, ever! So if you'll excuse me tradition beckons. "Yes" I'm gonna get me some Halloween...Boo!

Halloween 1978 o Wikipedia -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween_(1978_film)

No comments:

Post a Comment