Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Samhain

"No Tree Can Grow To Heaven,
Unless It's Roots Reach Down To Hell"
Michael Shinafelt 

"Samhain marked the Celtic New Year, the end of summer, and the end of the harvest season. It also signaled the beginning of winter, which they associated with death. On this day, the Celts believed the veil between the living and the dead was especially thin"

I love the month of October and I love that the veil between the living and the dead thins as the month progresses towards Samhain, or as we like to defer to it, Halloween.

Here I am at the Tree of Life appropriately enough at Hollywood Forever Cemetery. I'm at the juncture of Heaven and Hell awaiting Cerberus to take me on my journey.

I'm so excited!

Happy Halloween...

Samhain on Wikipedia -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samhain  

No comments:

Post a Comment