Tuesday, July 18, 2023

43 Years Ago Today...

On July 18, 1980 one of the most 80's of all slasher flicks was released Prom Night this was one of the many post Halloween horror flicks starring the Scream Queen du jour Jamie Lee Curtis. "Yes" that Jamie Lee Curtis who won an Oscar last year for Everything, Everywhere All At Once. Once upon a time she was the reigning Queen of Terror.

I watched this again not too long ago because I wondered what I would think of it as an adult type of person that I am now (I was a teenager when it came out) sure it's dated, quite cheesy in places, but it's a fun time capsule as it is so of it's era, as I stated above: "the most 80's of all slasher flicks."

Catch the trailer below and you will understand why I say that. It's really a major reason it's still fun to watch.

Jump to the trailer below and let the 80's slasher flick vibe transport you!!!

PS I dig that mega cheese theme song, it's so lame it's good.



Prom Night on Wikipedia -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prom_Night_(1980_film)   

No comments:

Post a Comment