Saturday, July 15, 2023

Update: David Archuleta

Photo:
Zach Schmitt

David Archuleta’s upward spiral continues with the official release of his brand new music video HERE for his latest single, “I’m Yours” HERE “I’m Yours” is a song I wanted to get people dancing and smiling to. It’s all about letting yourself go and being happy with a feel good, summery vibe. It was fun working with video director Brad Hammer and his team because they were able to bring all the bright colors I wanted to life while making things light, fun and unique. I hope you enjoy this video as much as I had fun making it” says David.

David recently spoke about what’s on the horizon musically with Entertainment Weekly – “Up” it’s kind of like the prelude. It’s meant to tie where I’m coming from, my past, my history — but it’s also coming from a place where I was at the bottom of that, at the end of that path. I’ve lived out the end of this, and I don’t know where else to go. This is continuing down a very dark place, and I need to get out of it now. So this is me saying, I’m accepting myself as I am, as a queer person, and letting myself be seen, every aspect of myself. And I’m just letting all of me be seen now. And not being so afraid of hiding myself and being afraid of what people will say if people find out. I’m just like, you know what, now they know! And now it’s just moving up, and I’m gonna have fun. There’s no need to hide anything anymore — just have a good time.  There are some really fun songs that are gonna get people dancing as well, that I’m really excited about. And there are still some classic ballads. I feel like these songs are more about love, something that I always shied away from before because it was something I didn’t relate to. I don’t think I ever really experienced love the way everyone talks about in songs and novels and all that. I’m talking about what it’s like for me to experience it for the first time really and fully. I’m excited to share that, in fun ways, dance ways, and also in ballad-y ways. I’m excited to share this new chapter and these new songs with everyone. The first ones will be out the beginning of summer, leading to a full album release later this year.


In addition, David is set to perform at his first-ever Pride event this Sunday, July 16 in San Diego California alongside Saucy Santana and Princess Nokia - Event Info Here.  ”As this will be my first formal pride performance (outside of Utah’s Loveloud last year) I am looking forward to connecting with the community and learning about what pride events are like. As this will also be my first time attending in a way outside of Loveloud, which is more catered to the Utah culture and community there.” 


Follow David Here:

https://www.facebook.com/davidarchuleta/

twitter.com/DavidArchie 

instagram.com/DavidArchie

https://www.tiktok.com/@davidarchie?lang=en

https://www.youtube.com/user/theofficialarchuleta

www.davidarchuleta.com   

No comments:

Post a Comment