Friday, September 3, 2021

Film Buff Friday: Cabaret

Ask anyone who knows me, musicals are not my thing overall. "Yes" of course there are some I like here and there, but I do not have a blind love of them. 

File Cabaret under one that I L-O-V-E! Oh, and I know why too. This groundbreaking musical doesn't have the usual sugar coated narrative of the genre. It's quite adult in subject matter and style.

What's that you say? I have whetted your curiosity and you want more?

Then more you shall have by clicking on the link below and reading my buddy Jay's expert piece about the film on his classic movie blog.

If that doesn't compel you to see Cabaret I don't know what will.

T.G.I.F! Life is a cabaret, old chum, come to the cabaret...

https://www.jaysclassicmovieblog.com/post/cabaret-1972 

No comments:

Post a Comment