Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Hump Day & Chill

9 1/2 Weeks
Kim Basinger

For a few reasons Kima Basinger has been on my mind of late. Remember her? She was a HUGE star in the eighties and nineties. She had beauty and talent. Trust moi she was more than just a pretty face and has an Oscar for her portrayal of Lynn Bracken in LA Confidential to prove it.

Thus we are gonna Hump Day & Chill to Ms. Basinger, because it's my blog and I'll do what I want to, so there!

I follow Kim on Instagram and she recently liked a comment of mine regarding her work with Jeff Bridges in a terrific little film called The Door In The Floor (bear witness to it, I posted it here.)

Guessing you could say I am a fan. It got me thinking about seeing 9 1/2 Weeks which at the time was notorious because it dared to portray a masochistic love story. She was riveting as Elizabeth opposite Mickey Rourke's John.

Kim took risks. She was never demure in her choices. She is the poster person for "Go Big Or Go Home" - I miss her presence in films.

Fun Fact: She's the only reason I attempted to watch Fifty Shades Darker. If she had been the main attraction I could have actually endured it.

So let's give a Hump Day & Chill toast to Kim, shall we? You'd better believe it! 

Kim on IG -

https://www.instagram.com/kim.basinger/?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment