Saturday, August 26, 2023

Behind The Scenes

Batman
Tim Burton & Kim Basinger

Kim Basinger who portrayed Vicki Vale in one of the original Comic Book based blockbusters Batman posted this image on Instagram of Director Tim Burton, well directing her on the set.  Personally I love seeing what goes on behind the scenes before the cameras start rolling, it fascinates me.

She wrote what it was like working with him on it, oh and it was also to wish him a Happy Birthday! Here in here own word is what Ms. Basinger wrote:

Many know Tim as a creative genius… a master artist… and they are right, of course! But what I always remember are his drawings… how they inspired and amused me…


When I’d find myself sitting next to him on set, I would look over and see him doodling in his script… At that moment, I felt like a small child… walking into an amusement park like none that has ever been created…. Magical… Fantastical… I could feel my eyes growing bigger as I watched him draw these characters in his script…

Being on set with him was a lot like watching one of his own characters... As we exchanged ideas and I got direction from him……. Was like a surrealistic journey in so many ways… Too many to mention here! One of the most meaningful and fun films of my life….. The memories will stay with me forever.

Just another boy from Burbank? I don’t think so! Wishing you the best birthday Tim… wherever you are… whatever you’re doing…. Much love ✨

Happy Saturday!

Kim on IG -

No comments:

Post a Comment