Friday, July 21, 2017

The Horror: Lycan


Clap for the Wolfman???

Lycan marks the feature debut of Bev Land. The horror / thriller based on the popular urban legend of the "Talbot County Werewolf". Parade Deck Films will handle the movie's theatrical release, followed by disc, digital and VOD platforms from MVD Entertainment.
  
Synopsis: When six college kids in a sleepy Southern town are assigned a group history project, one of them sets in motion a horrific fate when he proposes they head into the Georgia backwoods to uncover the truth about the hundred year old urban legend of Emily Burt, the "Talbot County Werewolf".
 
Lycan stars Dania Ramirez ("Devious Maids" X-Men: The Last Stand, American Reunion, Premium Rush), who will be starring this Fall on ABC's hit show "Once Upon a Time" as princess "Cinderella." The film boasts a strong ensemble cast that includes three-time Emmy Award nominee Gail O'Grady ("NYPD Blue", "Revenge", Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo), Parker Croft ("Little Big Lies", "Lewis and Clark"), Vanessa Angel (Kingpin, Hall Pass, "Weird Science"), Rebekah Graf (Entourage), Kalia Prescot (The Hunger Games), Jake Lockett (Transpecos), Alina Puscau (X/Y, Conan The Barbarian) and Craig Tate (12 Years a Slave, USS Indianapolis: Men of Courage).
 

Making his directorial debut with Lycan, Bev Land talks about his experience in bringing his vision to life with his co-producer and star (and wife), Dania Ramirez. "I knew that the journey of making this film independently would be a challenge filled with a tremendous amount of blood, sweat and tears (pun intended) and I know we have something special that genre fans are going to appreciate. Fortunately for me I was lucky enough to be able to take this journey with Dania, who I not only respect and adore as an artist, but someone I also love as a human being."
 
Lycan producer and star Dania Ramirez agrees... 

"I am a firm believer that with hard work and dedication anything is possible.  I have been in front of the camera for quite some time and I feel blessed to have been able to help lead the team that made this movie possible.  When I met my talented husband, I said to him "I want to produce films"and Bev looked at me and said "Then let's do it together... I will write you a leading character with the dimension and depth that you are capable of playing but haven't had the opportunity and YOU will produce it for me!" The journey of independent film making doesn't allow much room for star like treatment and producing one proved to be more challenging than I could've ever imagined. Being the producer and star meant making every phone call and scheduling every shooting day also had to correspond with taking the necessary time to put on the clothes of my character and live in her before hearing the word "Action".  I also want to add that Latin female leading roles are rare in this industry and this one I think is one of a kind. The sense of accomplishment I feel today having not only brought our baby "Lycan" into this world but now having Eric D. Wilkinson at MVD Entertainment and Michael Ingram at Parade Deck Films distribute the film is overwhelming."
 
Having followed the film's production and progress on the internet and social media, MVD Entertainment's Director of Acquisitions Eric D. Wilkinson reached out to Peter Van Steemburg at ICM Partners for an introduction to the filmmakers... 

"I'm a huge fan of the horror genre and MVD Entertainment has been a long time supporter and champion of independent films. Peter gave me the opportunity to screen Lycan and I just loved it. I won't give away any spoilers but I will say that Lycan messes with your expectations throughout with an ending that you will not see coming!" In regards to getting Lycan into theaters, Wilkinson explains, "MVD has built a great partnership with Parade Deck Films. I was happy to share this movie with them because CEO Michael Ingram has done a great job in exposing some of these smaller movies theatrically, giving independent filmmakers a chance for their work to be seen by audience on the big screen, as they intended, and at the same time, help build awareness for the film after it's theatrical run for the VOD, digital and physical windows for the months following."
 
Lycan will open theatrically in select cities on August 4th, followed by disc, digital and VOD platforms from MVD Entertainment on September 26th. Pre-order the DVD now at MVDshop.comor at Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment