Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Day Of The Dead

Day Of The Dead

Today marks the conclusion of the Day Of The Dead celebration. "No" this has nothing to do with George Romero film in his zombie trilogy of the same name. 

For the uninitiated here's the 411 explaining the significance of it: Prayer and remembrance of friends and family members who have died

Well last year I celebrated by partaking in yoga at Hollywood Forever Cemetery. "Yes" that's correct I took time to reflect and meditate in a place where there are actual dead people and no I didn't see any.

Honestly it was a truly amazing experience, a renewal if you will.

FYI I took the photo above when I was there last year. It was behind the instructor during class. Translation: that was everyone's view for the Day Of The Dead meditation.

What's that you say, am I going this year? No unfortunately I have to have an X-ray done on my left middle finger, it's wonky.

Mic Drop! 

Day Of The Dead on Wikipedia -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_the_Dead

No comments:

Post a Comment